Hey Guys! Hope you’ve had an awesome week! It seems like summer has finally arrived and it’s going so fast! We only have one week left of June! MADNESS!!!
I thought I’d share another really simple recipe with you guys this weekend and one which I absolutely love and can’t stop eating – orange, ginger and almond granola. That flavour combo tho. So heavenly! Orange flavoured granola is so so yum with the crunch of the roasted almonds and the warmth of ginger. Honestly, I don’t think you can imagine how good it actually is. AND the aromas wafting around your kitchen will make you want to keep baking it forever!
Orange flavoured oats, crunchy almonds and sunflower seeds, crispy coconut chips and warming ginger spice.
I love making my own granola as I find shop brought ones far too sweet and it’s really difficult to find gluten-free and refined sugar-free granolas which aren’t ridiculously expensive!
It’s so easy too, just combine all of the ingredients together, pour on a baking tray and whack in the oven until golden. It’s vegan (obvs!), gluten-free (using gluten-free oats) and naturally sweetened with a splash of maple syrup. You’ll need the 8 basic ingredients below to make it and 45 minutes of your time!
Hope you love it as much as me!! 😊
Makes 1 large jar
300g Oats (gluten-free if desired)
100g Coconut oil, melted
½ -1 tbsp Maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
Zest of 1 large orange & 2 tbsp of the juice
90g Almonds, chopped
4 tsp ground ginger
60g Sunflower seeds
30g Coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 160 C fan.
- Grease and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Add the oats, orange zest, almonds, sunflower seeds and ground ginger to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat and add the orange juice.
- When melted, pour into the mixing bowl, followed by the maple syrup.
- Mix everything together really well so that all the oats are coated in the coconut oil.
- Pour onto the lined baking trays, about half the mix on each tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until golden brown and crisp, stirring the mix every 5 – 10 minutes to ensure it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn around the outside.
- For the last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle the coconut chips on top and return to the oven.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely (without trying to eat it all!).
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the cupboard for a few weeks!
Enjoy with your fave dairy-free milk, coconut yogurt, sprinkle over porridge or as a yummy snack on it’s own!!
If you’re making this beauty, then don’t forget to tag me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and let me know what you thought in the comments below! Share this recipe with all your granola loving friends too! Thank you so much! More recipes coming soon!