I have finally mastered the perfect cookie recipe!!! Like THE perfect chewy inside-crispy outside-sweet (but not too sweet)-doesn’t fall apart-isn’t hard as rock-tastes like a traditional cookie, recipe. BUT vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. And I promise you, you would never tell the difference. For ages I’ve wanted to make free-from choc chip cookies which don’t taste free-from and finally that day has come! You guys are in for a treat!
I know that there are so many vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes out there so what makes this one different? Well firstly, its gluten-free. I use a mixture of gluten-free flour and ground almonds. And it’s also not only refined sugar-free but also low in sugar overall. I found so many recipes where they used 100g of brown sugar and 100g coconut sugar. I know the sugar content doesn’t bother some people, but it really bothers me. I feel a million times better since cutting out almost all refined sugars from my diet! In this recipe I used just 50g of coconut sugar and a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup and I think it has the perfect amount of sweetness!
With just 8 simple ingredients, 1 bowl and 20 minutes of your day, you can make these delicious cookies. They are the ultimate crowd-pleaser and enjoyed by vegans and non-vegans alike. Make these for all your family and friends and see if they actually notice! They are a dream eaten warm straight from the tray, crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle, melting chocolate chips with a lovely nutty (almost buttery) flavour. So so lush. Scroll down to see the last pic. COOKIE HEAVEN!!!
I have also included step-by-step photos to demonstrate how ridiculously simple are are to knock up!
Can I also just point out that there is absolutely NOTHING unhealthy in these cookies. Simply just wholefood ingredients mixed together to create something delicious. Healthy eating is all about having a bit of everything. No dieting and no restrictions.
These cookies are:
- Slightly crisp on the outside
- Soft and chewy in the middle
- Packed with chocolate chunks
- Sweet but not too sweet
- Taste so much like traditional cookies
- Taste slightly nutty and coconutty
- Made with only wholefood ingredients, no rubbish
- Vegan, gluten & wheat free, egg free, refined sugar-free
- Made with A LOT less sugar than other vegan cookies
- Blooming delicious!
Enjoy! Let me know if you make them!
100g Ground Almonds
50g Gluten-free Plain flour (I use Doves Farm)
50g Coconut sugar
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp Maple syrup
3 tbsp Coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 tbsp Dairy-free milk
40g Dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 C fan. Grease two baking trays.
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl: the ground almonds, flour, coconut sugar and bicarb of soda.
- Then add the wet ingredients: the maple syrup, coconut oil (melted and cooled) and milk.
- Mix everything together to form a dough.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into 8 evenly sized balls and place on the baking trays, leaving enough room for them to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before placing on a wire rack (if they make it that far!!). Otherwise just eat them straight from the tray. You know what to do 😉
- Any remaining cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. But we all know that they won’t last that long!
Healthy eating is all about having a bit of everything. No dieting and no restrictions.
Free from dairy, egg, gluten and refined sugar. But absolutely no compromise on deliciousness!
As always guys, if you’re making these cookies make sure you tag me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter , I’d love to see your recreations! Like and comment your thoughts below and share this recipe to spread the cookie love! I’ll be back next weekend with a recipe for Mylkplus nice cream!!!