This makes a perfect sharing bowl to enjoy with family and friends in the sunshine! Fresh tomato salsa served with crisp paprika and herb chips. The zingy salsa is a mix of diced tomatoes, onions, coriander, citrus and garlic. It’s so quick and simple to make, taking just a few minutes to knock up. The tortilla chips couldn’t be simpler either. Just wraps brushed with oil, herbs and spices and take just 8 minutes to make. They are vegan and dairy-free. Use gluten-free wraps to make them gluten-free too. You could also serve the chips with my delicious guacamole and butter bean dip for the ultimate summer feast! Go and enjoy that sunshine! 😊
For the tortilla chips
2 Tortilla wraps (any will do)
2 tbsp Olive oil
¼ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp Dried herbs (any you like, thyme and oregano are nice)
Salt and pepper
For the salsa
3 Large Tomatoes
½ Red onion
½ Fresh chilli or dried chilli flakes, optional
1 tbsp Tomato puree
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
Squeeze of lemon/lime juice
¼ tsp garlic granules/powder
Handful of fresh coriander
Few sprigs of dill, optional
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan.
- Start with the tortilla chips. Mix the oil, paprika, herbs and seasoning together and brush over both sides of the wraps.
- Cut each wrap into 8 triangles and lay flat on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Then make the salsa. Finely chop the tomatoes, onion, coriander, dill and chilli (if using) and add to a bowl.
- Mix together with the rest of the ingredients: tomato puree, vinegar, lemon or lime juice and garlic granules. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve straightaway with the tortilla chips or cover and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Want to transform these tortilla chips into nachos? Check out my Loaded Veggie Nachos recipe!