I love love love this combination! Three of my favourite foods together: avo, sweet potato and peanuts. It works unbelievably well and is so heavenly and filling! Creamy guac with a hint of lime and chilli with the sweetness of the paprika roasted sweet potato topped with crunchy peanuts and of course a drizzle of peanut butter. Seriously, what would life be without peanut butter! To make this delicious lunch of dreams all you need to do is whip up some guacamole, take your leftover roasted sweet potato, chop some peanuts and pile it all on top of your toast. Then you can sit down and experience heaven! HA! Its also a great balance of carbs, protein and healthy fats as well as vitamins A and C. Happy days.
I always make this with leftover roasted sweet potato from the night before. You can also make more if you are planning on having it the next day or you can just roast it fresh. I roast mine in small cubes for 30 minutes on 190C fan with smoked paprika, mixed spice and a drizzle of oil.
This recipe only serves 1 so please double, triple or quadruple the quantities so the whole family can enjoy!
Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free using GF bread!
1 slice of toast (or 2 smaller slices)
Roasted sweet potato (6-8 small cubes)
15g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Drizzle of peanut butter
For the Guac
3 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Spring onion
Few leaves of fresh Coriander
A good squeeze of lime juice
Few pinches of cayenne pepper
- First make the guacamole by mashing the avo with a fork and finely chopping the tomatoes, spring onion and coriander.
- Add to a bowl with the avo and squeeze over lime juice, add the cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Get your toast and start pilling on the guac, followed by the sweet potato then the chopped peanuts and finishing with a drizzle of peanut butter.
- Spice it up a bit and add fresh chilli or chilli flakes to the guac.
- In this recipe I used Schar Wholesome Vitality Loaf, which you can find here.
Making this for lunch (and quite frankly, why wouldn’t you!) then don’t forget to tag me onInstagram, Facebook or Twitter so I can see your wonderful creations! Why not go mad and comment your thoughts below too. Thanks so much!