I absolutely love this hot chocolate recipe! I am so excited to share this with you as I’m sure you’ll love it too. After cutting out milk from my diet, I never thought I’d have a really nice hot chocolate ever again. One that’s thick, rich and chocolaty like the ones made with full fat cows milk. But how wrong was I? This is the most thick and creamy hot chocolate I have made and it’s so rich with cacao, I love it! To be honest, it’s quite mind-blowingly astonishing how it is actually dairy-free. The lovely warming cinnamon spice gives it a real wintery vibe (even though I drink hot chocolates all year round!). You may want to add more or less cacao depending on the strength of your cacao. I find some of them vary quite a bit. It’s so indulgent but there’s absolutely nothing unhealthy about it. Unprocessed raw cacao packed full of antioxidants, plant protein and healthy fats from the nut butter and naturally sweetened with dates and maple. Just real ingredients in their purest form, blended and heated into a mug of chocolate heaven. Let me know if you try it!
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar-free
200ml Dairy-free milk (oat, coconut or hazelnut works well)
1 tbsp Raw cacao powder
1 Medjool date or a few regular dates
1 tsp Peanut or almond butter
1 tsp Maple syrup
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat gently for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat when it’s almost at boiling point and pour into your favourite mug.
- Enjoy! 😊
- Whenever I make this, I always find that it thickens the best when it starts to simmer slightly. I then take it off the heat while stirring and it suddenly thickens to the consistency of runny cream!!
- Before you pour it into the pan, taste it to check its chocolatly and sweet enough for you. Everyone is different!
Want to share this hot chocolate with the rest of the world? Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter posts, I love seeing what you are making! Spread more hot chocolate love in the comments below!