In the last few years avocado toast has taken the world by storm. We’ve gone completely mad for it, and rightfully so too. The creamy texture and mild taste of avocados means they are so versatile and a perfect ingredient in many different vegan recipes. Smashing them onto toast seems to be the trendiest way to eat them nowadays so I’ve shared my recipe with you guys, but with a little something extra – coconut bacon. Which is basically bacon flavoured coconut. You can see my coconut bacon recipe here. Its just as good as the real thing and about a million times healthier. Another great thing about avocado toast is you can you eat it for every meal; a healthy breakfast, yummy lunch when the fridge is empty and an ideal 2-minute dinner. I seriously love avocados! They are one of my favourite foods on this earth! There’s no better feeling than cutting into a perfectly ripe avo, who can relate? 😉 The crisp texture and saltiness of the ‘bacon’ matches perfectly with the avo. Happy avo smashing, friends!
1 Slice of GF bread
1 Ripe Avocado
Squeeze of lime
Sprinkle of Chilli flakes
Grind of Salt and Pepper
Coconut Bacon (see my recipe here)
- Place your slice of bread in the toaster and while its toasting cut into your avocado.
- Gently mash the avo onto your toast with a fork. Make it as chunky as you wish.
- Squeeze over fresh lime juice, add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle over chilli flakes.
- Top with coconut bacon and demolish the lot!
- Peanut butter lover like me? Spread some peanut butter over your toast then add the avo and top with ‘bacon’.
- Top with my roasted chickpeas for added crunch!