Using Mylkplus Strawberry Cheesecake Cashew Nut Mylk
Happy Sunday Peeps!! Hope you’re all having a fab weekend in the glorious sunshine! About time too!! I have got a yummy pancake recipe for you today using juicy strawberries and my favourite ever dairy-free milk – Mylkplus Strawberry Cheesecake Cashew. And it really does taste as good as it sounds! As much as I love drinking a whole bottle on it’s on own, I had to make something with it, and as I haven’t got a pancake recipe on the blog yet, why not make strawberry pancakes!
If you didn’t already know, I am officially a member of the Mylkplus Sass Squad, which means all of you lucky people can get 20% off any online order at mylkplus.com. This discount includes BOTH flavours, the Strawberry Cheesecake Cashew and Salted Honeycomb Hazelnut (also lush), PLUS the super sassy merch as well. I really am spoiling you! Just pop in the code ELBAE at the checkout to qualify for this epic 20% discount.
Besides from tasting like delicious gourmet flavoured milkshakes, they are so healthy too! 100% vegan and dairy-free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, higher nut content than most nut milks (3 X higher than the leading brand to be precise😉), free from artificial flavourings and fortified with calcium and vitamin D. That’s a big tick in several boxes for me! Check out my Mylkplus page for more info about the brand and some yummy recipes I’ve created using it!
Also cannot contain my excitement to meet the founder of the brand NEXT WEEK at the Allergy & Free From Show in London. She’s such an inspiration to me in so many ways. Buzzing!!!
SO ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR PANCAKE DREAMS TO COME TRUE. I THINK MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK, I AM TOO EXCITED
I am so happy I’ve managed to create a pancake recipe which is vegan, egg-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and actually WORKS!!! Go me!!
The dry ingredients consist of ground oats (made by blending regular oats), self raising flour (I use a gluten-free one), baking powder to make them fluffy and chia seeds to help thicken the mixture. To that I add maple syrup, vanilla extract and the mylk blended with some strawberries for an even strawberrier flavour! Then all it takes is a quick fry on both sides for a few minutes and voilà, you have your pancakes, ready to demolish in 30 seconds flat!
Go and get yourself some strawb cashew Mylkplus so we can all make these! Hope you love them!
Makes about 14 small pancakes
60g Gluten-Free Self-raising flour
¼ tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Chia seeds
1 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
160ml Mylkplus Strawberry Cheesecake Cashew Mylk
250g Fresh Strawberries, roughly chopped
- Start by blending your oats into a flour using a standard blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the flour, baking powder and chia seeds. Mix until combined.
- Next, add the mylk to the blender (no need to wash) along with 180g of the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Then add about half of the strawberry mylk and mix together.
- Keep adding the mylk a bit at a time until you have a thick batter which still has enough liquid to be absorbed by the chia seeds. You might not need all of the mylk (I like to drink what’s left over), but check the consistency before you start frying.
- Leave to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. The trick to making perfectly cooked pancakes is to not let the pan get too hot but still warm enough to set and brown the pancakes on the outside.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the pan, making them into circles as quickly as possible. Take the rest of the chopped strawberries and press a few pieces into each pancake.
- Fry on each side for about a minute. Bubbles/ little holes will start to form on the outside and that’s when you know to flip them!
- Repeat until all the batter is gone!
- Stack em’up and top with whatever your heart desires!
- Drizzle over maple syrup and serve with strawberries, coconut yogurt and a glass of strawberry cashew milk! #winningatlife
Making these pancakes? I’d love it if you tagged me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and use the hashtag #elliesrecipes. Let me know what you thought in the comments below! Share and make with family and friends to spread the pancake love! Don’t forget you’ve got a 20% discount on the Mylkplus website using my code above. Thanks guys, have a great week. I’ll be back next weekend with another recipe!